Translate

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Secrets Of Obtaining the Blessing

Most everything on the earth that is worth having has a price to it.  Some things you have to qualify for.  Some things you have to Work for.  Some things you have to fight for.  And still other things you have to do ALL THE ABOVE.  Jacob worked hard for his wives and the provision that he had, and now he was in the fight of his life.  He was wrestling with the angel of God.  He was fighting for a blessing.   I have seen people fight over an item in the store while Christmas shopping, but I have not witnessed to many people that were ready to fight for a blessing from God.

Genesis 32: 26And he said, Let me go, for the day breaks. And he said, I will not let you go, except you bless me.
27And he said unto him, What is your name? And he said, Jacob.
28And he said, Your name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince have you power with God and with men, and have prevailed.
29And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray you, your name. And he said, Why is it that you do ask my name? And he blessed him there.
30And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
He asked Jacob, "What is your name?"  Of course he already KNEW his name, but he asked him his name anyway.  In the book of revelation God says he is going to give each over comer a NEW NAME.   In the middle of this wrestling match God changes his name from Jacob which means deceiver to Israel which means may God prevail.    Think about being in a wrestling match with an angelic being and he changes your name to MAY GOD PREVAIL.  
I have seen plenty of people wrestle with God.  Most of the time they are wrestling against his will like Jonah who ran from God's will.  How unique that Jacob is wrestling here, not to get away but to get MORE!  Wow. Do you want more of God to the point that you will wrestle for it?   No matter what the 'wrestle' is with God, it is good to say MAY GOD PREVAIL.  
When you are struggling between right and wrong.  MAY GOD PREVAIL!  When you are struggling between you will and God's will.  MAY GOD PREVAIL!   No matter if your wrestle is against God's will, or if you wrestle for more of God when God prevails in your life you have gained both power with God and with man.  
I have heard many people say, "I'm just so tired of the fight, I'm tired of struggling and wrestling all the time.  I just want things to come easier for a while."  
Paul said,  2 Timothy 4:7   I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 
To fight is to win  because GOD WILL PREVAIL, and to win is to overcome, and those who overcome will be given a new name like Jacob received.  Abraham believed God and this was credited as righteousness and God made a covenant with him.  His grandson Jacob fought for God's blessing, and God changed his name and also confirmed his covenant with him.   We fight with ourselves, our spouse, our parents, our enemies, our friends.   The blessing comes when we fight for more of God in our lives, when we fight to obtain his blessings.  Will you ask God to give you the kind of heart that says, "I must have God's blessing, I must see His Glory, I must have his presence no matter what it cost."  This is the pearl of great price, the treasures above all treasures.   What are you fighting for today?  The secret to obtaining the great blessings of God is to fight for them with all your heart!  

No comments:

Post a Comment