Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Panic Comes Like A Thief In The Night, but It Can Be Broken!

The best day of my life was when I discovered that fear did NOT have to rule my life!  Nor does sickness have to rule me, but what about panic.   Take whatever fear and sickness are combined and add some gasoline to it and light a match and see the explosion and you still have not begun to experience the power of panic when it tries to take over someone's life.

The thing about fear is that it touches your heart with emotion and then sits back and watches the show.   Are you going to freak?  Or will you choose to trust God?  Fear touches your heart and grips your emotions and then likes to wrestle with you for a while.  But because of the power of the name of Jesus and the blood of the Lamb, there is no fear that can stop you when you are determined to obey God.  But panic is a whole new ball game.  Panic doesn't just touch your emotional center and then lay back and wrestle with you.  Panic is like a thief that comes in the night.  Panic will do everything in it's power of OVER TAKE your will.  And not only OVER TAKE your will, but to over take your body functions.   Increase your heart rate, break you out in a sweat, smother you with feelings of panic and distress.   Take over you nervous system and make you shake on the inside, where nobody but you and panic knows that this shaking is going on.  Take over your breathing and smother you until you are gasping for every breath.  Panic doesn't lay back and try to wrestle with you, panic invades your life and takes control of the wheel and takes you on a journey that you don't want to go on.  But how do I stop this invasion?  I have helped several people break free.

1.  Realize that if you wait until panic comes before you get in the battle to stop panic from taking over YOU HAVE waited too late.   Don't ever forget, you cannot wait until the enemy brings the battle to you, you have to take the battle to the enemy.  You must make the first move, if you don't, you won't be prepared when panic strikes.  It's like this.  If you make the first move and LOCK you car door, you are being proactive and when the thief makes HIS move to steal, He is more likely to overlook YOUR car because it is locked.  IT IS NO LONGER AN EASY TARGET.   Oh Please.  Somebody has got to hear this today.  Somebody has got to understand what is happening when panic takes you against your will over and over again.  First and foremost the enemy looks for an EASY TARGET!   You can't just live your life any old way as if you are not in a battle, as if you have no adversary.  If you do this you leave the door open for the enemy to make the first strike in the war for your peace, and that first strike in the case of panic is lethal to your peace completely!   You must take it to the enemy by being proactive, and challenging the battle lines before the enemy even has a chance to draw them.  When you are NO LONGER AN EASY MARK, the devil will skip by you and move on!   In every battle I encounter with the enemy I am the one in control of the battle,  Why?  I was the one that made the first strike!     What happens when you get proactive?  The enemy starts backing off of you after a while.  why?  Cause you are wearing him OUT.

How do you get proactive and run to the battle and overcome panic then?  

2.  You must build yourself up in the faith!  Jude explains this very well.

Jude 1:20But you, beloved, building up yourselves in your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
21Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22And on some have compassion, making a difference:
23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
First if you do not pray in the Holy Spirit you are going to seldom defeat the enemy in this life.  When we pray in the Spirit we are building ourselves up.  I heard an arrogant person say one time, "Why would I want to do that?  Why would I want to build MYSELF up?"  First of all the apostles thought it was IMPORTANT to do so, and we are told to be strong in the Lord and in the POWER of HIS MIGHT.  How do we do this by putting on the armor of God.  Why put on an armor if you are not going to be in a fight?   And how do we fight?
Ephesians 6:18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thus with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Praying how?  IN THE SPIRIT!   Seek for the gift of the Holy Spirit so that you can pray in the Spirit at all times.  
And  not only praying in the Spirit; Jude says to keep yourself in the Love of God. 
And that brings us to point three.
3.  To be proactive against the attack of the enemy I keep my mind on loving and blessing others and NOT on myself and my problems.  When  you begin to use your problems and hurts as a reason not to reach out and love others the enemy has you right where he wants you.  If your adversary hears you say, "I got so many problems, I just can't help others til I get rid of some of this mess," then he says, "Aha.  just keep throwing problem after problem at them, that will keep them from obeying the will of God"   OH PLEASE, YOU MUST HEAR THIS.  I know you got problems, I know it is hard.  I know you are just barely getting by, but if you use your problems as a excuse not to obey the Word of God the enemy is going to dump problem after problem after problem on you.  And disobedience will cause the Spirit of God to lift off your life, so things NEVER get better.  Please. Please hear this today.  I am begging  you to hear this.  
There are many more things we can do to be proactive in the fight, but this is what I have told  you for today.   Panic will have a harder time catching  hold on you when you stay in the SPIRIT praying, and when You stay in the Love of God.   You see if I am out doing good and blessing my NEIGHBOR, I don't have time to sit in a heap and allow the devil to terrorize my thoughts, minds and emotions.    If I am in my closet praying in the Spirit for my family and friends the same Spirit that raised Christ FROM THE DEAD will quicken my mortal body, and with that quickening I am empowered to break the power of panic off my body and  mind.  Praise God!  

No comments:

Post a Comment