Translate

Friday, May 8, 2015

How Can I Have The Presence of God Upon My Life?


Often I am talking to people and they are having a hard time experiencing the presence of God when they pray.   To them it feels like their prayers go up and hit off the ceiling and return without every breaking through to God.  There are times when this is our situation and it can last for months and years at a time.   How do we break through, the old timers called it 'praying through'   Our prayers going up touch heaven, but when we pray and heaven comes down and touches us, God's Spirit  bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God.    Most of the time when I pray the presence of God will be there as soon as I open my mouth, and this causes people to ask me to pray with them because they appreciate the presence of God.  The presence of God is actually touching the earth less and less as sin increases and abounds of the face of the earth.   People have asked me to 'teach them' how to pray in the power of the Spirit.  I tell everyone the same things.   When you value the presence of God upon  your life more than anything else, you will find that the presence of God is hovering over your life, even rising up inside of you like a river of living waters that never will run dry.

Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; which when a man has found, he hides, and for joy thereof goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field.

If you want the presence of God upon your life  you must value his presence above all else.  You must value his presence above getting your bills paid.  HOW?  WHAT?  Someone is saying, "What?  I have to pay my bills!"   You see if you value that above the presence of God than the enemy will use that to occupy your mind and your heart.  Your life will revolve around those bills.  Your soul will put that above all things.   I am all for paying bills, but I won't let 'my bills' be the center of my life.   That leads to nothing but worry and frustration and a constant reminder that we are needy.   The presence of God is EVERYTHING to me.  I can't live without that.  I can't go through my day without that.  If I have the presence of God I have everything, and when my bills get paid even when I don't spend  my every day thinking and planing and talking about it.    God provides my needs.  And with the Spirit comes righteousness, peace and joy!    I won't let bills be my center,  the presence of God is my treasure.  I can't live without it.  I lay down everything to obtain it.  I am happy.

If you want the presence of God upon your life you must value his presence above all else including relationships.  I won't let a relationship with my family, my church, my spouse, even my kids take precedence over the presence of God in my life.   If they offend me, or do  things that are destroying them, I have to just let it go.  I won't let the actions of others dominate my mind, my heart, my soul and rob me of my joy and peace in God.    There are many today that are full of bitterness, worry, anger, stress and frustration and it is all because your whole being is focused on another person and their actions.  LET it Go, do not let another person dominate your life.  Others WILL NOT BE my life focus.  If I allow them to be my life focus than I will forfeit the presence of God.  To have the Kingdom and presence of God inside of  you on a daily basis you have to lay down everything else for pursuit of the KINGDOM.   The hardest thing to let go is a love relationship, or one of your kids...but if  you let relationships and what happens in them dominate your heart and mind you will live on  miserable life.   Jesus came to give us life and life more abundantly.  

If you want the presence of God upon your life you must value his presence above everything else including whatever it is that frustrates your day.    We make our plans, and they seldom work smoothly.  If your plans are the center of your life you will live one big frustrated life.  The ONLY thing that matters to me is that the presence of God is on me, in me, working through me, and flowing out of me.  The only thing that matters is the KINGDOM.  The Kingdom of God is INSIDE you, the working of the Spirit of God inside you.    You must desire the Kingdom of God above those everyday chores and activities that you think are SOOO important.  There is NO DUTY you have in your life or your home that is more important than the presence of God inside of you, for the presence only comes when we value that presence above ALL ELSE in life.  

I picked those few things above to talk about but their are other things that we can put above the Spirit of God upon our lives, but those I mentioned are the most common.   Let go of all, lay down your life and value the presence of God above everything and watch the peace, and joy of God flood your soul.  You see I value the presence of God TOO much to let what YOU do offend or upset me, cause I know if I get offended or upset at your actions it will distract my heart and mind from God and the Spirit of God will lift off of my life.   And nothing is worth losing the presence of God.  I choose to overlook the foolishness of  others and go on with God.  Forgiving others isn't hard, just overlook them and go on.  That may be  humbling, but humility is one of the keys to having God's presence upon you.  

Here is the answer:

Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; which when a man has found, he hides, and for joy thereof goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field.


No comments:

Post a Comment