Translate

Monday, April 4, 2016

How Can I Over Come Bitterness?

I was ministering to a man this week and his eyes were twitching as he was saying to me, "I just hate myself so bad."  He said to me, "I can't live and I can't die either."  He began to cry and I could see the utter torment of his life.    The chemical imbalance in his mind has gotten so bad that it doesn't matter how much medicine he takes for it, he gets no relief whatsoever.    He told me several things that he knew to do that would help himself get better, but he felt like he was just too emotionally crippled to get up and do those things.   What does he need?  He needs a miracle.  But what stands in the way of the miracle he needs?   Unfortunantly his main obstacle is the bitterness that has taken over his life.    He is bitter towards God.  Bitter towards himself.  Bitter towards everything and everyone.  Bitter towards life itself.   Bitterness has so consummed his life that bitterness is all he can think about or see.  How did this bitterness come into his life?

This bitterness came into his life when he began being unthankful and hateful towards people who were helping him.   He began getting angry when people wouldn't give him as much money as he asked for.   He began getting angry when people didn't jump at his every need and request.  He would say things like, "I thought Christians were supposed to help others."   The problem was that he had received, received and received help and assistance, and turned bitter the first time he was told, "sorry, we can't help this time."    You may be thinking that he has no right to be bitter over things like that, and you are right, but in his mind and opinion he felt he had every right to be bitter.  

Do we ever have a 'good reason' to be bitter and hold things against others?   No.  No one holds this right.   We have no right to be bitter no matter what was done, how it was done or how many times it was done to you, no one holds the right to be bitter.   Even Jesus, who comitted no sin and was falsly accused asked the Father to forgive those who hurt him.   If anyone had a right to be bitter it would have been Joseph, yet, Joseph chose to forgive and refused to hold a grudge.    Have you been carrying bitterness?   I wish you could have been with me ministering to this man that was so bitter.   If you had seen him and his condition, you would get a first hand witness of what bitterness does to damage your soul.   Holding bitterness does not hurt others, it only hurts you.   Jesus said for us to 'forgive'     Today make up your mind that you will not carry the weight of bitterness.   My eyes are flowing with tears for this man that I was ministering to who was so bitter.   If I could have torn my heart and given it to him, I believe I would have torn it out for him.   Everyday miracles happen, and I know that his miracle is at hand, but first he must get rid of that bitterness that blocks the power of God from touching his heart and life.

Are you ready to give up bitterness.   Say this with me, "Father, today I refuse to carry the weight of bitterness in my heart.   I refuse to carry the weight of holding grudges against another.   Today I pray for every person that has injured me, and I ask  you to forgive them and restore them to your Kingdom.   Lord, pour out your Spirit on my life and grant me a miracle and help me in my weaknesses.  In Jesus name.  amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment