Translate

Saturday, November 8, 2014

How to replace panic and anxiety with the peace that comes from God!

Panic disorder is  a real threat to modern day society.  Sometimes change is a good thing.  Sometimes change is a bad thing.   Change isn't always what we want to see.  If someone has just started taking drugs it can become apparent  by a change of look, change of behavior, change of grades...and these things go from good to bad.  Often when people are under stress the first thing they will do is try to find a joint, a pill or a drink.  It is because they feel like they need a change.  They want to be free of the things that are bothering them, and the drugs will change their perceptions, change their feelings, and change their thought and attitudes.  It is like a relief from the grief that they are carrying through life.

If you will let him, God will not only change you, but he will transform you.  What's the difference?  A butterfly doesn't just change from a worm to a butterfly, the worm actually transforms.  It comes out a completely new creature.  Narcotics may be able to change the way you feel about life, but, narcotics cannot transform you.  When the drugs or alchohol wear off you are still facing the same inner disatisfaction that you had before you began taking them.   God doesn't just change you, he will actually transform you. 

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spirituala act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12: 1-2

When we accept Jesus as Savior we are transformed at that time.  After I surrendered my life to God, the desires that I had changed, the habits I had changed, the things I desired to do were different.  I had been transformed into a person with different desires than what I had before.  But, it doesn't stop there at salvation.  God wants to transform us everyday, and renew us in the faith.   In the verses above we are told to no longer conform to the patterns of this world, but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. 

 Your mind will either make you or break you.  It is  possible to find yourself in a place where the devil has high jacked your mind, and it's got down in your nervous system, and it's taken over your emotions, and you feel like you need someone to hold you all the time because you want something to stop the shaking that is going on inside.  You can find your strength, your safety, your security in Jesus.  

I was with a young lady that was going through a difficult time.  As long as I was there with her praying, she was fine.  But when I would leave the enemy would quickly come and her whole system would go into full blown panic attack.  I stayed with her and prayed as long as I could, but eventually I had to leave.  I said to her,  "I have to leave now, but when I am gone, when you first feel your mind, and your emotions and your strength slipping I want you to start saying to yourself, I am OK, God is with me."  I said to her, "Don't let any other thoughts come and just say it out loud if you have to for however long you have to say it, repeating it over and over until those feelings of panic and fear begin to lift and your peace returns..  

Sure enough, in less than an  hour after I left here came a panic attack.  She said she prayed, and then began to say, "I am OK, God is with me!"  She said it over and over thinking about how God was with her and after a while she realized that the panic had passed her by.  Seems like it couldn't take her as long as she was focusing on making God her strength and KNOWING that he indeed was with her right at that moment.  

I want to pray for you today!  In the name of Jesus, I bind that fear and panic and anxiety off of your life.  I pray the peace of God to settle down upon you right now, and the strength of God to come into your soul.  Satan I bind you from putting your anxiety and stress upon them, and I command this nervous system and heart to settle down and find the peace of God!

Do not fear child, God is with  you!   With him, you will surely prevail!  

No comments:

Post a Comment